Six Indonesian representatives are confirmed to qualify for the 2018 HSBC BWF World Tour Finals tournament. In the tournament which will be held on December 12-16, 2018, the Indonesian men’s doubles, Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo is still the Ultimate Weapon of Indonesia.
Besides Marcus Gideon / Kevin Sanjaya, there are five other Indonesian representatives who will compete in the 2018 BWF World Tour Finals this time. They are:
- Anthony Sinisuka Ginting and Tommy Sugiarto (Men’s Singles)
- Mohammad Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan (Men’s Doubles)
- Greysia Polii / Apriyani Rahayu (Women’s Doubles)
- Hafiz Faizal and Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja (Mixed Doubles)
Marcus/Kevin became Indonesian Ultimate Weapon in the 2018 BWF World Tour Finals is reasonable. In the ranking of players who qualified for the tournament in Guangzhou, the Minions (Marcus/Kevin) took first place with 108,400 points. The number of Marcus/Kevin points is far above that of other men’s doubles players. With second place players, Marcus/Kevin has a difference of 20 thousand more points. During 2018, Marcus Gideon / Kevin Sanjaya won eight titles.
Even so, there is still little concern about the performance of The Minions in the 2018 BWF World Tour Finals. Marcus/Kevin did manage to achieve brilliant achievements during 2018, but they have experienced defeat from Han Chengkai/Zhou Haodong three times. In the 2018 China Open and 2018 French Open tournament, Marcus/Kevin must recognize the superiority of the Chinese men’s doubles. To overcome these concerns, Marcus/Kevin has had a lot of discussion with Herry Imam Pierngadi, PP PBSI Men Double Head Coach.
“If you want to see the defeat there are a lot of causal factors. First, about the service judge like what happened at the China Open, it really disturbs their concentration. We have discussed this, what should be done if something like this happens again. We have finished the preparation and the strategy.” Said Herry Imam Perngadi, PP PBSI Men Double Head Coach.
All Six Indonesian representatives confirmed to fly heading Guangzhou, China. They all will fight on the upcoming 2018 HSBC BWF World Tour Finals.
Here is a list of 32 players who will take part in the 2018 BWF World Tour Finals on 12 December 2018.
- Men’s Singles
- Kento Momota (Japan)
- Chou Tien Chen (Taipei)
- Tommy Sugiarto (Indonesia)
- Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (Indonesia)
- Shi Yuqi (China)
- Sameer Verma (India)
- Kantaphon Wangcharoen (Thailand)
- Son Wan Ho (South Korea)
- Woman’s Singles
- Tai Tzu Ying (Taipei)
- Nozomi Okuhara (Japan)
- Akane Yamaguchi (Japan)
- Chen Yufei (China)
- Rachanok Intanon (Thailand)
- Pusarla V Sindhu (India)
- Michelle Li (Canada)
- Beiwen Zhang (U.S.A.)
- Men’s Double’s
- Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo – Marcus Fernaldi Gideon (Indonesia)
- Wang Chi-Lin – Chen Hing Lin (Taipei)
- Su Ching Heng – Liao Min Chun (Taipei)
- Zhou Haodong – Han Chengkai (China)
- Anders Skaarup Rasmussen – Kim Astrup (Denmark)
- Shin Seung Chan – Lee So Hee (South Korea)
- Stefani Stoeva – Gabriela Stoeva (Bulgaria)
- Jia Yifan – Chen Qingchen (China)
- Mixed Doubles
- Huang Yaqiong – Zheng Siwei (China)
- Arisa Higashino – Yuta Watanabe (Japan)
- Sapsiree Taerattanachai – Dechapol Puavaranukroh (Thailand)
- Goh Liu Ying – Chan Peng Soon (Malaysia)
- Huang Dongping – Wang Yilyu (China)
- Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja – Hafiz Faizal (Indonesia)
- Lai Shevon Jemie – Goh Soon Huat (Malaysia)
- Lauren Smith – Marcus Ellis (England)