6 FREE Morning Classes
10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Carnegie Room, lower level
While pre-registration at the Adult Information Desk is encouraged, it is not mandatory.
Drop-in and all ages welcome!
Have you ever wondered how the Romans got into those togas? Did someone really say “Veni, vidi, vici”? What does “mea culpa” mean? And what are “pecuniary” assets?
Discover the answers and many more when you explore the language and culture of the Ancient Romans and their relevance in our daily lives.
You will be introduced to Latin vocabulary and translation along with English derivatives.
Cultural topics to be discussed include:
“Love That Latin” classes are taught by Nancy Stormes, a former Latin teacher from Alma College.
Latest posts by Nathan Leeds (see all)
- 80 for 80: Celebrating Eighty Years of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario - November 28, 2013
- Snow Squall Warning for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - November 27, 2013
- Deputy Commissioner Larry Beechey retires from OPP - November 27, 2013
- Snow Squall watch for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - November 27, 2013
- Blowing up education - November 27, 2013