6 FREE Morning Classes
10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Carnegie Room, lower level
While pre-registration at the Adult Information Desk is encouraged, it is not mandatory.
Drop-in and all ages welcome!
Have you ever wondered how the Romans got into those togas? Did someone really say “Veni, vidi, vici”? What does “mea culpa” mean? And what are “pecuniary” assets?
Discover the answers and many more when you explore the language and culture of the Ancient Romans and their relevance in our daily lives.
You will be introduced to Latin vocabulary and translation along with English derivatives.
Cultural topics to be discussed include:
“Love That Latin” classes are taught by Nancy Stormes, a former Latin teacher from Alma College.
Latest posts by Nathan Leeds (see all)
- Fast and Furious 6 - May 24, 2013
- Construction Advisory Notice – 2013 Sidewalk Replacement Program – Isabel Street, Queen Street, Centre Street - May 24, 2013
- New Funding Model Results in Cuts to Services - May 23, 2013
- Improving Access to Care in Elgin County – New Ontario Government Invests in St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital - May 23, 2013
- Construction Advisory Notice – 2013 Road Rehabilitation Program – Hiawatha Street and First Avenue - May 23, 2013