6 FREE Morning Classes
10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Carnegie Room, lower level
While pre-registration at the Adult Information Desk is encouraged, it is not mandatory.
Drop-in and all ages welcome!
Have you ever wondered how the Romans got into those togas? Did someone really say “Veni, vidi, vici”? What does “mea culpa” mean? And what are “pecuniary” assets?
Discover the answers and many more when you explore the language and culture of the Ancient Romans and their relevance in our daily lives.
You will be introduced to Latin vocabulary and translation along with English derivatives.
Cultural topics to be discussed include:
“Love That Latin” classes are taught by Nancy Stormes, a former Latin teacher from Alma College.
Latest posts by Nathan Leeds (see all)
- Severe Thunderstorm watch for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - May 22, 2013
- Notice of Temporary Road Closure – Sunset Drive between Chester Street and Elm Street - May 22, 2013
- Construction Advisory Notice – 2013 Sidewalk Replacement Program – Margaret Street, Prince Albert Street, St. Annes Place - May 22, 2013
- Construction Advisory Notice – 2013 Sidewalk Replacement Program – Stanley Street, Drake Street, Metcalfe Street - May 22, 2013
- The Swimsuit Style Guide for Women - May 21, 2013