Did You Know That It Can Take:
- 50 units of blood to help someone in a car accident
- 2 units to help someone who needs brain surgery
- 5 units to help someone in cancer treatment
- 8 units a week to help someone with leukemia
- 5 units to save someone who needs cardiovascular surgery
- 2 to 8 units to help someone with internal bleeding
- 2 units a day to help someone undergoing a bone marrow transplant
- 4 units a month to help someone with Aplastic Anemia
- 2 units for a hip replacement
By giving blood, you are giving someone the chance to live, to celebrate another Christmas, to love someone a little more. By giving blood you can make a difference to a world that needs more goodness in it!
Go to the Columbus Club of St. Thomas between 9 and noon on Christmas Eve and give a gift that you don’t have to wrap, keep the receipt to or worry you picked the wrong one!