Cowan: Russell Elgin, a resident of R.R.#3 Thamesville, passed away peacefully at home with his family by his side on Saturday, June 15, 2013 at the age of 52. Born in Chatham, son of Elgin Cowan and the late Rhoda (Leeson) Cowan. Beloved husband and best friend of Merril (Goldhawk) Cowan. Loving father of Jade (Andrew Carss), Hayley, Avery, and Hayden Cowan. Dear brother of Judy Dawson (Joe), Brenda Stover (Jack), Nancy Snobelen (Dan). Sadly missed by mother-in-law Jean Goldhawk (Irwin); brothers-in-law Ross Goldhawk (Lynda), Greg Goldhawk (Sharon), Dan Goldhawk (Deb), Valerie Paul (Brad). Also survived by several nieces and nephews. Predeceased by his father-in-law William “Bill” Goldhawk. The Cowan family will receive friends at the John C. Badder Funeral Home, Thamesville on Wednesday from 2-4 and 7-9pm .
A Celebration of Russell’s Life will be held at the Thamesville United Church, on Friday, June 21, 2013 at 2:00pm. Interment of Cremains will be in Mayhew-Mt.Pleasant Cemetery, Thamesville. Donations may be made at the funeral home by cheque to Canadian Red Cross or the Children’s Hospital of Western Ontario. Online condolences and donations may be left at http://www.badderfuneralhome.com
Latest posts by Nathan Leeds (see all)
- 80 for 80: Celebrating Eighty Years of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario - November 28, 2013
- Snow Squall Warning for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - November 27, 2013
- Deputy Commissioner Larry Beechey retires from OPP - November 27, 2013
- Snow Squall watch for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - November 27, 2013
- Blowing up education - November 27, 2013