- St. Thomas
# of Openings:
- Part Time
Closing Date of Posting:
The Housekeeping/Linen department at the St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital is responsible for properly maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the hospital that is in line with infection control regulations. Our services are provided in an efficient, timely and safe manner for patients, staff and visitors.
Must be available to work days, afternoons and night shifts, including all shifts on weekends and/or statutory holidays
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Demonstrated knowledge of cleaning and sanitation processes, along with working knowledge of Housekeeping Techniques
- Preference will be given to those with experience in hospital cleaning procedures and methods, including dealing with infectious disease preferred
- WHMIS training
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties
- Demonstrated dependable attendance and performance record
Our Vision is to deliver an excellent patient care experience, in a safe and compassionate environment, in collaboration with our healthcare partners.
Applicants who wish to be considered for the vacancy shall submit their resume directly to www.stegh.on.ca.
This position is open to both male and female applicants. We thank all applicants who apply for this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
Applications must be received online by midnight on the closing date listed on the posting. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital.