Location: St. Thomas
Position: Clinical Educator
Job Code: 13-822
# of Openings: 1
Position Status: Full Time
Service: Professional Practice
Closing Date of Posting: 03/07/13
The Clinical Educator is a Registered Nurse or Advanced Practice Nurse who combines clinical expertise and a passion for excellent patient care into his or her practice. The Clinical Educator is a professional role model and resource person for nursing staff and other members of the health care team in supporting the development of policies and procedures that promote evidence-based practice. This position reports to the Manager of Professional Practice. The Clinical Educator utilizes critical competencies and excellent problem-solving abilities, working closely with team members and management as a resource, to facilitate learning opportunities and provide input into performance appraisals where appropriate. The Clinical Educator will be responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of education in consultation with Managers and will facilitate mentoring, knowledge sharing and learning amongst staff
Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours/week; evening and night hours as required to meet the needs of staff working shift work. Weekend hours may be necessary for certain educational endeavors.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Baccalaureate degree required and a Master’s Degree in Nursing (BScN & MScN) or relevant field preferred
- Actively involved in professional organizations associated with professional nursing practice, such as Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO), Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) . Membership in RNAO required.
- Demonstrated personal drive to achieve results, and the ability to focus one’s attention on accomplishing key objectives and positive outcomes for oneself and one’s team
- Champions a culture of patient safety in the program, aligned with corporate priority
- Ensures service practices across the program comply with professional standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4-5 years recent clinical experience; including one year of education and/or leadership experience; teaching experience in classroom and clinical setting preferred
- Demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to express ideas clearly, confidently and directly and work through conflicts and differences in a respectful way
- Ability to understand the feelings, concerns and needs of other people, demonstrate care and interest towards them and establish and maintain productive relationships
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods and practices in area of nursing expertise
- Knowledge and proficiency to develop and conduct educational opportunities/programs/curriculum for learners, and experience in evaluation of learning activities specific to individual performance and an understanding of adult learning principles.
- Proficient in the use of computer hardware and software (Microsoft Suite, CERNER, EPR, etc, PowerPoint )
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in an active work environment
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Demonstrates strong emotional intelligence and self reflection.
Our Vision is to deliver an excellent patient care experience, in a safe and
compassionate environment, in collaboration with our healthcare partners.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this vacancy shall submit their resume directly to this posting.
This position is open to both male and female applicants. We thank all applicants who apply for this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Freedom of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
Applications must be received online by midnight on the closing date listed on the posting. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital.