Job ID: 229 (AD)
- Under the supervision of the Manager, Talbot Teen Centre, develops, plans and delivers recreation, physical and healthy lifestyle programming and opportunities for youth between the ages of 12 and 18.
- Organizes and develops program materials and resources.
- Markets recreation physical and healthy lifestyle programming through the use of various marketing techniques such as posters, flyers and social media, including the TTC website, Facebook page and Twitter account.
- Communicates effectively and provides creative ways to engage youth in all activities.
- Provides high quality customer service via phone, email and in person communications.
- Assists with registration and confirmation process of program registrants.
- You must be a student, currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation and between the ages of 15 and 25.
- Experienced working with youth ages 12 to 18, especially in implementing youth activities and supervising youth in groups of 8 to 20 .
- Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to follow through.
- Must be flexible, creative and articulate.
- Experienced working with parents or other adults in public.
- Experienced with computers including all Microsoft Office application, i.e. Work Excel and Publisher.
- First Aid and CPR training is preferred.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check required.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Employer: Talbot Teen Centre
To apply, drop off resume to the Talbot Teen Centre at 745 Talbot Street, St. Thomas or email to email@example.com. No phone calls accepted. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
ONLY THOSE MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY AN EXTERNAL EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT SERVICES ELGIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, AUTHENTICITY OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT.
In collaboration with Fanshawe College and under the umbrella name of Employment Services Elgin (ESE), we deliver Employment Ontario’s Employment Services (ES) program. This provincially funder program assists people in finding employment through resources and information, employment counselling, employment workshops and job placements.
In September 2004, the YECC established the Talbot Teen Centre (TTC) as a youth centre for Elgin County. Having purchased and renovated the building at 745 Talbot Street, the TTC now hosts a multitude of programs to promote healthy living and healthy lifestyles to youth 12 to 18 years of age. With its long history of employment counselling and community involvement in a variety of projects, Employment Services Elgin has solidified its expertise in delivering relevant programming, and continues to evolve to best serve clients in a constantly changing labour market.
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 27th, 2013 at 9:59 am and is filed under Employment. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.