Registered Nurse (JOB SHARE)
Location: St. Thomas
Position: Registered Nurse (JOB SHARE)
Job Code: 13-121
# of Openings: 1
Position Status: Job Share
Closing Date of Posting: 04/07/13
1 Regular Part Time – JOB SHARE ARRANGEMENT
The nurse is responsible for establishing therapeutic relationships with patients and their families through application of specialized knowledge, skill and judgment, both in assessing health needs and in planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care. The Emergency Department provides 24 hour coverage in Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, OB/GYN, and Anaesthesia to approximately 48,000 Emergency patients per year.
HOURS: Must be available for 11.25 hour tours, to cover job sahre partner’s sick tim and vacation and other tours assigned by the hospital
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Registered Nurse, currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Graduate of a BSc in Nursing or education and experience that allows the RN to practice at full scope
- One year emergency nursing experience within the last three years required
- Successful completion of CTAS training course preferred
- Proven ability to assess patients, establishing priority of patient care from life threatening to non-urgent
- Unit Leader or Clinical Recource Nurse experience preferred
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently utilizing effective organizational skills in a changing environment
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certificate
- TNCC & ENPC preferred
- Excellent attendance record
- CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Maintain competencies to ensure they are relevant and up to date on a continuing basis
- Maintain and continuously enhance competencies through continuous learning in order to base practice on knowledge and skills relevant to client health needs
- Reflect on competencies in relation to changes occurring in the surrounding society and health environment in order to acquire and develop new competencies on an ongoing basis
- Responsibility for educational support for competent nursing practice is shared among individual nurses, professional nursing organizations, employers, education institutions and governments as they make decisions that affect the common goal of quality care
- Foster a culture of patient and staff safety guided by STEGH’s Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct
Our Vision is to deliver an excellent patient care experience, in a safe and
compassionate environment, in collaboration with our healthcare partners.
Applicants who wish to be considered for the vacancy shall submit their resume directly to www.stegh.on.ca. This position is open to both male and female applicants. We thank all applicants who apply for this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
If you have completed your on-line Transfer Registry since January 1, 2013, you will automatically be considered for this position.
Applications must be received online by midnight on the closing date listed on the posting. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital.
Tags: competencies, Description REGISTERED NURSE, Emergency Closing Date, emergency department, Emergency patients, experience, Interpersonal skills, Job Share Affiliation, patient care, registered nurse, St. Thomas Position
This entry was posted on Friday, June 28th, 2013 at 10:07 pm and is filed under Employment. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed.