Support Worker / Team Leader
Job ID: JM280
This individual/family-directed, support arrangement involves providing direct support to this young woman in activities of her choice. These activities will change from time to time, but right now she would like support two or three Saturday afternoons & 1 Tuesday evening per month. The focus of this support is recreational community participation. The role of team leader is required for up to 8 hours per month to oversee the implementation of this individual’s goals as identified in her Support Plan, maintain communication between a variety of sources including, but not limited to, other support workers, professionals and family, & facilitate team building, training opportunities & bi-monthly team meetings
- flexible, show initiative, be organized
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have demonstrated leadership skills, including the supervision & support of others
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification, as well as a recent Criminal Reference Check is required upon offer of employment
- Post-secondary education and experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities in the community is an asset
- Access to a reliable vehicle is required.
Salary: To be discussed in detail at interview, minimum $22.00 per hour
Hours: Approx. 8 hours per month as support Provider and as team leader for approx. 8 hours per month. From time to time, on an on-call basis for weekday vacation and sickness coverage
Employer: Participation House Support Services
please send a resume by September 6, 2013, referencing ”individual/Family-Directed Job Posting (CW) to:
Cathy Smith, Family Resource Coordinator
c/o Participation House Support Services
620 Colborne Street
Or email cathys@participationhouse
ONLY THOSE MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY AN EXTERNAL EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT SERVICES ELGIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, AUTHENTICITY OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT.
This entry was posted on Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 at 11:03 am and is filed under Employment. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.