Bringing Rail Back to the Railway Capital
St. Thomas, ON, July 22 2013 – The St. Thomas Economic Development Corporation would like to announce the Grand Opening Event for the newly constructed London & Port Stanley (L&PS) Corridor September 20th – 22nd 2013.
The event will kick-off downtown at the Corridor (600 Talbot St.) on the 20th with a ticketed gala and the inaugural train ride leaving from the L&PS Station to Port Stanley. The train will continue to run on the 21st and 22nd on a shortened route within St. Thomas. The Saturday and Sunday portion of the festivities will be open to all with food, entertainment, and free train rides.
The Grand Opening signifies the return of the train to St. Thomas. For years the L&PS ran between London, St. Thomas and Port Stanley, bringing travellers to places like Downtown St. Thomas, Port Stanley’s main beach or the swing and big band performances at the Stork Club.
This is a historically significant event for the City and it is expected that both the turnout and the local impact will be huge.
St. Thomas Economic Development Corporation
545 Talbot St.
St. Thomas ON N5P 3V7
519-631-1680 ext 4132
Latest posts by Nathan Leeds (see all)
- Certain Heinz brand infant food may contain packaging defects that may allow the entry of spoilage microorganisms - March 9, 2014
- Wind Chill Warning for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - March 2, 2014
- Public presentation of winning concepts from Fanshawe College Design Charrette for Talbot Street - February 27, 2014
- Wind Chill Warning for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - February 27, 2014
- Rainfall Warning for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - February 20, 2014