The best never rest.
The sequel to the surprise hit RED, and the one movie you didn’t realise is based on comic book. Stocked with great actors who show off their comedic talent while seriously kicking ass, RED 2 combines kicks and giggles successfully to create a great movie. RED stands for Retired Extremely Dangerous!
John Malkovich while known for his serious work, shows just how funny and off beat he can be and steals every scene he is in. Joining those from the first movie are Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta Jones, both Welsh actors, and both bringing something extra to the production. Also getting joining is Byung-hun Lee, the Korean actor who was recently seen in GI Joe Retaliation and who brings some serious hand to hand combat skills, some of which are very reminiscent of vintage Jackie Chan.
The action movies along at a nice pace and there are very few scenes that do not feature either violence or humour. The 116 minutes passes by very quickly. RED 2 takes the original movie and surpasses it. It can be watched without having seen the first one, although you will want to watch it, RED 2 is a smaller movie that will be one of the hits of the summer.
Latest posts by Nathan Leeds (see all)
- Tapped Out Premiere Brings Hollywood to London - April 15, 2014
- Amber Alert for: Ontario - April 14, 2014
- Severe Thunderstorm watch for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - April 12, 2014
- Improperly declared milk in Your Market Fresh brand Beef Tortellini - April 11, 2014
- Undeclared almonds and pistachios in Liberté brand Organic Vanilla Yogourt Cranberry Muesli - April 11, 2014