Job ID: #232 AD
Title: Marketing Assistant
400 Talbot Street
St. Thomas, Ontario
Closing Date: July 19, 2013
Hours: 35 hours per week
- Under the supervision of the Manager, Business and Financial Services, the marketing assistant is responsible for assisting the organization effort to reach and exceed employment services targets.
- Markets employment services by assisting in the design, development and implementation of marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns, using traditional methods as well as optimizing new marketing trends and social media, including but not limited to website, Facebook, Twitter development and updating and by championing the organization’s brands.
- Assists with preparing annual marketing and communication strategies, plans and objectives and monitoring of budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Researches competitive services by identifying and evaluating service characteristics, events, advertising and maintains research databases.
- Prepares videos, slide shows, brochures and other promotional materials.
- Maintains promotional materials inventory by coordinating requirements with vendors and accounting, inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Provides fresh and creative ideas for graphic design, layout and presentation of promotional materials and all events
- Plans, implements and attends meetings, trade shows, job fairs, professional and fundraising events by identifying, assembling and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, coordinating mailing lists and maintaining client contact databases.
- Prepares regular progress reports and tracks key performance indicators and relevant data.
- Participates as a member of the Business Support team.
- Completion of a college or university program in Marketing, Communications, or other business related field required
- 2 to 3 years of previous work experience in a combination of fields such as marketing, advertising, printing, publishing, graphic arts and multi-media production required, with an emphasis on social media marketing tactics preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in organization and promoting events and campaigns; excellent public speaking skills required.
- Expert Microsoft Office and graphic design software skills preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Valid Driver’s License and current Police Vulnerable Sector Check required.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Employer: St. Thomas Youth Employment Counselling Centre
To apply, email application to email@example.com. No phone calls accepted. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
ONLY THOSE MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY AN EXTERNAL EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT SERVICES ELGIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, AUTHENTICITY OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT.
In collaboration with Fanshawe College and under the umbrella name of Employment Services Elgin (ESE), we deliver Employment Ontario’s Employment Services (ES) program. This provincially funder program assists people in finding employment through resources and information, employment counselling, employment workshops and job placements.
In September 2004, the YECC established the Talbot Teen Centre (TTC) as a youth centre for Elgin County. Having purchased and renovated the building at 745 Talbot Street, the TTC now hosts a multitude of programs to promote healthy living and healthy lifestyles to youth 12 to 18 years of age. With its long history of employment counselling and community involvement in a variety of projects, Employment Services Elgin has solidified its expertise in delivering relevant programming, and continues to evolve to best serve clients in a constantly changing labour market.