Job ID: 231 Apply direct
YWCA of St. Thomas-Elgin is seeking Settlement Services Worker. Duties include, but are not limited to the following; Obtain information and prepare reports or case histories, Appraise clients’ needs or eligibility for specific services, Conduct follow-up assessments, Develop, coordinate and implement the delivery of specific services within the community, Liaise with other social services agencies and health care providers involved with clients, Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research, Screen, recruit and train volunteers and support staff
- Post-secondary education in Social Work, Sociology, Political Science, and/or any related area.
- Experience in cultural diverse environments.
- Must possess and demonstrate cultural awareness and some knowledge of current immigration issues as well as changes to the immigration system.
- Must possess knowledge of resources available in the St. Thomas and Elgin County community.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research proficiency
- Strong office administration, communication, and organizational skills
- Comfortable in small group presentations
Salary: contract for 1 year, $19.00 to $20.00 hourly
Hours: 28.00 Hours per week
Apply direct to YWCA of St. Thomas-Elgin
Resumes will be accepted until July 14th
via email only to email@example.com
ONLY THOSE MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY AN EXTERNAL EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT SERVICES ELGIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, AUTHENTICITY OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT.
In collaboration with Fanshawe College and under the umbrella name of Employment Services Elgin (ESE), we deliver Employment Ontario’s Employment Services (ES) program. This provincially funder program assists people in finding employment through resources and information, employment counselling, employment workshops and job placements.
In September 2004, the YECC established the Talbot Teen Centre (TTC) as a youth centre for Elgin County. Having purchased and renovated the building at 745 Talbot Street, the TTC now hosts a multitude of programs to promote healthy living and healthy lifestyles to youth 12 to 18 years of age. With its long history of employment counselling and community involvement in a variety of projects, Employment Services Elgin has solidified its expertise in delivering relevant programming, and continues to evolve to best serve clients in a constantly changing labour market.