Job ID: SJS13-NF016
- Assist with implementation of the Day Out With Thomas marketing plan, and help promote the museum and it’s special events to target audiences using a variety of methods.
- Cross –trained to provide back – up support to museum visitor services such as tours, admissions and gift shop.
- Assist with various administrative tasks both for the museum, and it conjunction with our largest fundraising event – A Day Out With Thomas
- Assist with retail operation of the event with activities such as set – up, and tear – down, receiving and controlling inventory, merchandising, pricing, restocking, cash handling and customer service.
- Conduct with visitor survey analysis and market research for the event.
- Student pursuing post-secondary education preferably in Consumer Studies, Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications, and retails or event planning specialties
- Customer service experience
- Detail orientated, accurate typing skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Experience handling cash
- Experience using Microsoft office applications, including MS Access and Excel
- Currently enrolled in high school or post – secondary education and returning to school in the falls.
- Available to work weekends and holidays ; flexible schedule
Hours: 30 hours/week
Employer: Elgin County Railway Museum
Apply directly to Museum Manager
ONLY THOSE MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY AN EXTERNAL EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT SERVICES ELGIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, AUTHENTICITY OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT.
In collaboration with Fanshawe College and under the umbrella name of Employment Services Elgin (ESE), we deliver Employment Ontario’s Employment Services (ES) program. This provincially funder program assists people in finding employment through resources and information, employment counselling, employment workshops and job placements.
In September 2004, the YECC established the Talbot Teen Centre (TTC) as a youth centre for Elgin County. Having purchased and renovated the building at 745 Talbot Street, the TTC now hosts a multitude of programs to promote healthy living and healthy lifestyles to youth 12 to 18 years of age. With its long history of employment counselling and community involvement in a variety of projects, Employment Services Elgin has solidified its expertise in delivering relevant programming, and continues to evolve to best serve clients in a constantly changing labour market.