Recall / advisory date: June 20, 2013
Reason for recall / advisory: Allergen – Milk
Hazard classification: Class 1
Company / Firm: Tasty Treat Foods Ltd.
Distribution: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, May be National, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
Extent of the distribution: Retail
Ottawa, June 20, 2013 – The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Tasty Treat Foods Ltd. are warning people with allergies to milk not to consume the Oskri brand dark chocolate bars described below. The affected products may contain milk which is not declared on the label.
These products are known to have been distributed in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Yukon and may have been distributed in other provinces or territories as well.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
Consumption of these products may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to milk.
The importer, Tasty Treat Foods Ltd., Langley, BC, is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
|Brand Name||Common Name||Size||UPC||Additional Info|
|Oskri||Coconut Bar Dark Chocolate||53 g||6 66016 30070 3||Expiry dates
7/7/14 to 12/12/14
|Oskri||Fig Dark Chocolate Bar||53 g||6 66016 30030 7||Expiry dates
7/7/14 to 12/12/14
The current and future economic prosperity of the Canadian agriculture and forestry sectors relies on a healthy and sustainable animal and plant resource base. As such, the CFIA is continually improving its program design and delivery in the animal health and plant resource areas in order to minimize and manage risks. In an effort to protect the natural environment from invasive animal and plant diseases and plant pests, the CFIA also performs extensive work related to the protection of environmental biodiversity.
Latest posts by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (see all)
- Notification – Certain Healthcare Food Services brand Chicken Rice Soup may contain pieces of plastic - December 4, 2013
- Food Recall Warning – Suraj brand Garlic Powder recalled due to Salmonella - November 20, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Forever Health brand Imitation Ham recalled rue to undeclared Wheat - November 9, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Bella Tavola brand pastas recalled due to undeclared milk - November 9, 2013
- Health Hazard Alert – Certain Uncooked Lean Ground Beef may contain E. coli O157:H7 bacteria - October 21, 2013