Recall / advisory date:
- July 8, 2013
Reason for recall / advisory:
- Microbiological – Salmonella
- Class 2
Company / Firm:
- Shah Brothers Imports
- Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario
Extent of the distribution:
Ottawa, July 8, 2013 – The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Shah Brothers Imports are warning the public not to consume the Shabros brand Coriander Cumin Powders described below because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
The importer, Shah Brothers Imports, Mississauga, ON, is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace. The CFIAis monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
|Brand Name||Common Name||Size||Codes(s) on Product||UPC|
|Shabros||Coriander Cumin Powder||170 g||Batch # 407||0 59011 00910 6|
|Shabros||Coriander Cumin Powder||340 g||Batch # 407||0 59011 00898 7|
The current and future economic prosperity of the Canadian agriculture and forestry sectors relies on a healthy and sustainable animal and plant resource base. As such, the CFIA is continually improving its program design and delivery in the animal health and plant resource areas in order to minimize and manage risks. In an effort to protect the natural environment from invasive animal and plant diseases and plant pests, the CFIA also performs extensive work related to the protection of environmental biodiversity.
Latest posts by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (see all)
- Notification – Certain Healthcare Food Services brand Chicken Rice Soup may contain pieces of plastic - December 4, 2013
- Food Recall Warning – Suraj brand Garlic Powder recalled due to Salmonella - November 20, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Forever Health brand Imitation Ham recalled rue to undeclared Wheat - November 9, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Bella Tavola brand pastas recalled due to undeclared milk - November 9, 2013
- Health Hazard Alert – Certain Uncooked Lean Ground Beef may contain E. coli O157:H7 bacteria - October 21, 2013