Recall / advisory date:
- August 12, 2013
Reason for recall / advisory:
- Microbiological – Salmonella
- Class 2
- Diwa Products Ltd.
Ottawa, August 12, 2013 – The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Diwa Products Ltd. are warning the public not to consume Diwa brand Grated Coconut described below because it may be contaminated with Salmonella.
The following Diwa brand coconut, sold frozen, product of Philippines, is affected by this alert.
There have been no confirmed illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
The importer, Diwa Products Ltd., Toronto, ON is voluntarily recalling the affected product from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
|Brand Name||Common Name||Size||Codes(s) on Product||UPC|
|Diwa||Grated Coconut||16 oz. (454 g)||None||6 28838 52049 3|
|Diwa||Grated Coconut||40 x 16 oz. case||SPO313||None|
The current and future economic prosperity of the Canadian agriculture and forestry sectors relies on a healthy and sustainable animal and plant resource base. As such, the CFIA is continually improving its program design and delivery in the animal health and plant resource areas in order to minimize and manage risks. In an effort to protect the natural environment from invasive animal and plant diseases and plant pests, the CFIA also performs extensive work related to the protection of environmental biodiversity.
Latest posts by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (see all)
- Notification – Certain Healthcare Food Services brand Chicken Rice Soup may contain pieces of plastic - December 4, 2013
- Food Recall Warning – Suraj brand Garlic Powder recalled due to Salmonella - November 20, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Forever Health brand Imitation Ham recalled rue to undeclared Wheat - November 9, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Bella Tavola brand pastas recalled due to undeclared milk - November 9, 2013
- Health Hazard Alert – Certain Uncooked Lean Ground Beef may contain E. coli O157:H7 bacteria - October 21, 2013