Recall / advisory date:
Ottawa, May 6, 2013 – The public warning issued on April 29, 2013 has been updated to include additional Best Before dates.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Hevy D’s Old Fashioned Kettle Corn are warning people with allergies to milk not to consume the Hevy D’s Old Fashioned Kettle Korn product described below. The affected product contains milk which is not declared on the label.
This product may have been distributed in other provinces and territories as well.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
Consumption of these products may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to milk.
The manufacturer, Hevy D’s Old Fashioned Kettle Korn, Vernon, BC, is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
|Brand Name||Common Name||Size||Codes(s) on Product||UPC||Additional Info|
|Hevy D’s Old Fashioned Kettle Korn||Caramel Flavour Gourmet Popcorn||190g||Best Before dates: Up to and including 02 OCT 2013||6 28396 00100 7||Distribution: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan|
The current and future economic prosperity of the Canadian agriculture and forestry sectors relies on a healthy and sustainable animal and plant resource base. As such, the CFIA is continually improving its program design and delivery in the animal health and plant resource areas in order to minimize and manage risks. In an effort to protect the natural environment from invasive animal and plant diseases and plant pests, the CFIA also performs extensive work related to the protection of environmental biodiversity.
Latest posts by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (see all)
- Notification – Certain Healthcare Food Services brand Chicken Rice Soup may contain pieces of plastic - December 4, 2013
- Food Recall Warning – Suraj brand Garlic Powder recalled due to Salmonella - November 20, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Forever Health brand Imitation Ham recalled rue to undeclared Wheat - November 9, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Bella Tavola brand pastas recalled due to undeclared milk - November 9, 2013
- Health Hazard Alert – Certain Uncooked Lean Ground Beef may contain E. coli O157:H7 bacteria - October 21, 2013