Recall / advisory date:
- June 25, 2013
Reason for recall / advisory:
- Microbiological – Salmonella
- Class 2
Company / Firm:
- UNFI Canada Inc.
Extent of the distribution:
Ottawa, June 25, 2013 – The public warning issued on June 24, 2013 has been updated to include additional product, importer, and distribution information.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and UNFI Canada Inc. are warning the public not to consume the Prince brand Tahini products described below because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
The following Prince brand products, product of Israel, are affected by the recall.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
The importer, UNFI Canada Inc., Concord, ON, is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
|Brand Name||Common Name||Size||Codes(s) on Product||UPC|
|Prince||Tahini||500g||Expiry date: November 19, 2013||8 14417 01200 2|
|Prince||Tahini||18kg||Expiry date: November 19, 2013||8 14417 01400 6|
The current and future economic prosperity of the Canadian agriculture and forestry sectors relies on a healthy and sustainable animal and plant resource base. As such, the CFIA is continually improving its program design and delivery in the animal health and plant resource areas in order to minimize and manage risks. In an effort to protect the natural environment from invasive animal and plant diseases and plant pests, the CFIA also performs extensive work related to the protection of environmental biodiversity.
Latest posts by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (see all)
- Notification – Certain Healthcare Food Services brand Chicken Rice Soup may contain pieces of plastic - December 4, 2013
- Food Recall Warning – Suraj brand Garlic Powder recalled due to Salmonella - November 20, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Forever Health brand Imitation Ham recalled rue to undeclared Wheat - November 9, 2013
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen) – Bella Tavola brand pastas recalled due to undeclared milk - November 9, 2013
- Health Hazard Alert – Certain Uncooked Lean Ground Beef may contain E. coli O157:H7 bacteria - October 21, 2013