Anne Wise and her family joined Joe Preston in Ottawa yesterday to honour former Members of Parliament and Senators who have passed away in the last year.
Former Elgin MP John Wise, who passed away in January, was recognized during the ceremony.
Preston noted that the ceremony was bittersweet, as it’s in remembrance of someone who has been lost, but it also brings people together who haven’t seen each other in years.
In the Photo: Gerald, Elizabeth, Jess, Mrs. Anne Wise, Grant and Susan
Joe Preston MP
Joe has served the riding of Elgin-Middlesex-London as the Member of Parliament since 2004, and re-elected in 2006, 2008 and 2011.
Joe is the Chair of the Procedure and House Affairs Committee; Joe is the Vice-Chair of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association and is currently Canada’ s federal member on the International Executive Committee of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association.
Joe and his wife Geri are franchisees of Wendy’s Restaurants and Boston Pizza. Prior to representing the riding of Elgin-Middlesex-London, Joe served the community on many local boards, advisory committees and as a local business leader. Joe continues to be active in the community including live theatre.
Latest posts by Joe Preston MP (see all)
- Government of Canada supports summer jobs for Canadian youth - December 11, 2013
- Government of Canada Provides Major Boost for Ontario Manufacturers - December 10, 2013
- Canada’s Gas Tax Fund Helping Municipalities in Elgin-Middlesex-London - November 22, 2013
- MP Preston Highlights Benefits for Elgin-Middlesex-London of Historic Canada-EU Trade Agreement - November 15, 2013
- Harper Government Protecting Women and Girls from Cyber and Sexual Violence - November 9, 2013