Ball State rising senior Sarah Westaway advanced to the semifinals of this week’s Toronto Star Women’s Amateur at Barrie Country Club in Ontario.
Westaway earned a spot in the 16-player championship flight of match play after tying for sixth in two rounds of stroke-play qualifying. The St. Thomas, Ontario, product won her matches Wednesday, 5 and 4, in both the round of 16 and the quarterfinals before falling Thursday in the semifinals, 4 and 2, to NC State golfer Vivian Tsui.
Sarah Westaway BIO
Courtesy: Ball State Athletics
|Hometown:||St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada|
|High School:||St. Joseph’s Catholic|
|Major:||School Health Education|
- An honorable mention Academic All-MAC selection
- managed an 80.77 stroke average
- played in all 12 events as part of the Ball State lineup
- posted her best career finish with a tie for second place at the Angola Shootout (April 20) and was named MAC Golfer of the Week for her performance
- carded a 3-over par 75 at the weather-shortened Angola event for her best round of the season
- her second-best result of the year came with a tie for 18th at the MAC Championships (April 26-28)
- tied for 23rd at the Jim West Challenge (Feb. 17-18)
- her season-best 54-hole score of 235 came at the EKU Colonel Classic (April 5-6) where she tied for 33rd
- tied for 38th at the Cardinal Classic (Sept. 22-23).
Sarah attends Ball State University in Indianapolis
(originally found http://ballstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14200&ATCLID=208532464)
Latest posts by Nathan Leeds (see all)
- 80 for 80: Celebrating Eighty Years of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario - November 28, 2013
- Snow Squall Warning for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - November 27, 2013
- Deputy Commissioner Larry Beechey retires from OPP - November 27, 2013
- Snow Squall watch for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - November 27, 2013
- Blowing up education - November 27, 2013