Just in case you didn’t know about CFUW
The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW/FCFDU) is an equality-seeking, advocacy organization that works to advance the human rights of women and girls in 112 CFUW/FCDU Clubs across Canada and at the national level. The Canadian Federation of University Women is the largest of the 79 affliliates that belong to the International Federation of University Women (IFUW/FIFDU) see www.ifuw.org
Canadian Federation of University Women:
- A 10,000-strong, not-for-profit, member-funded, voluntary, non-partisan organisation of graduate women, students and Associate Members
- A non-government organisation with special consultative status at the United Nations working to promote and advocate for the rights of women and girls
- Belongs to the Sectoral Committee on Education of the Canadian Sub-Commission for UNESCO
- The 112 member Clubs have local programs, interest groups and study groups. Most Clubs raise funds locally to support scholarships for women and girls as well as other community based projects.
- Many CFUW/FCFDU Clubs sponsor International Women‘s Day events
- Members raise money to support the CFUW/FCFDU Charitable Trust fund which enables CFUW fulfills its education mandate through its national Fellowships and Awards Program for post-graduate education
The Canadian Federation of University Women across Canada and at the national levels works and advocates for women’s equality, social justice, human rights, quality education, feminist issues, peace and the environment
The St. Thomas chapter of the Canadian Federation of University Women will be welcoming back members to a potluck on Thursday, September 9, at 6:30 pm at 16 Hillcrest Avenue. For more information, please contact Margie Snowsell at 519-631-6365. New members are always welcome.