St. Thomas – Every year from May to October, communities across the province open doors to hundreds of historical buildings, museums, private homes, and other interesting venues. Many of the participating sites offer special activities, such as tours, exhibitions and demonstrations – all free of charge!
St. Thomas’ Doors Open is coming up Saturday October 17th from 10am-4pm and will feature some unique sites and activities, including free train rides! The train runs from the L&PS Station to the Elgin County building where people have an hour layover to explore the Elgin County Museum and Archives.
This year, Doors Open St. Thomas will feature industries old and new. From the railway to a coffee roaster to luxury kitchens, you will get a behind-the-scenes glimpse into St. Thomas’ rich and varied industrial past, present and future.
An exciting addition to the 2015 Doors Open features the Michigan Central Railway Bridge, future home of the St. Thomas Elevated Park. Visit for a stunning view of the Fall colours and learn about the future plans for the bridge.
Doors Open Ontario is a program of the Ontario Heritage Trust.
- Doors Open Ontario 2015 features hundreds of communities participating in 44 events across the province.
- Nine out of 10 Ontarians live in a community that has hosted a Doors Open Ontario event.
- In total, over 5.8 million visits have been made to 6067 Doors Open Ontario sites since the program’s launch in 2002.
- Visitors to Doors Open Ontario events have spent over $49 million to support local economies.
St. Thomas Sites
- L&PS Station – 605 Talbot St
- Port Stanley Terminal Rail – 605 Talbot St
- BX Tower – Moore and Centre
- Las Chicas Del Cafe – 750 Talbot
- Railway Museum – 225 Wellington
- GCW Custom Kitchens – 95 South Edgeware
- Railway City Brewing – 130 Edward St
- Impressions Printing – 233 Edward St
- St. Thomas Seniors Centre – 225 Chestnut St
- MCR Bridge – King and Centre St
- Dowler-Karn Museum- 43841 Talbot Line
- Elgin County Museum – 450 Sunset Drive
- Elgin County Archives – 450 Sunset Drive
– 30 –
Tourism Coordinator | St. Thomas EDC