Elgin St. Thomas Public Health Issues Warning About Home-Based Tattoo Business in St. Thomas
St. Thomas, Ontario, May 28th, 2013
The Health Unit received a complaint about a person tattooing and body piercing out of a home in St. Thomas near Hughes and Kains Streets.
This location is not inspected by the Health Unit and no information is available about what instruments were used and if they were cleaned. The person has been served an Order to stop tattooing and body piercing.
People who received tattoos or piercings from this person are at an increased risk of getting skin infections and other infections, such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV, and should be tested. Testing can be done at Elgin St. Thomas Public Health, 519.631.9900, option #3 or at their family doctor’s office.
For more information, please contact ESTPH at 519.631.9900
Latest posts by Nathan Leeds (see all)
- Calling all local car fans! - July 19, 2014
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - July 12, 2014
- The Fatherhood Change - July 11, 2014
- Severe Thunderstorm watch for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - July 8, 2014
- Severe Thunderstorm watch 2 for: St. Thomas – Aylmer – Eastern Elgin County - July 7, 2014
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 at 3:01 pm and is filed under Press Releases. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.