St. Thomas Public Library’s very own recording studio is opening its doors on THURSDAY MARCH 31st!
A project in the making for the past six months…. St. Thomas Public Library is excited to finally launch ‘The Studio’, a fully-functional audio/video production suite equipped with state-of-the-art recording and editing hardware and software that will enable library cardholders to create professional-quality projects and gain valuable hands-on experience with industry-standard equipment!
Join us on Thursday March 31st, from 6-8pm, for a walk-through of the facilities, and get information on our upcoming training sessions.
What is The Studio?
The Studio will be a place where Library customers can create and edit audio, video, and photographic material. Customers will be able to book time and use the room to learn how to use the multimedia tools. It’s important to note that the room will not be soundproofed, so we will not be able to record drum kits or guitar amplifiers. However, drum sounds can be created using a sequencer, and guitars can be recorded ‘direct’. The main focus is to provide library customers with the chance to learn how to use these tools.
What are some potential projects someone could do at The Studio?
- Video Blogs (VLOGS), e.g. How-to videos, Unboxing videos, Podcasts
- Promotional videos for small businesses or non-profit organizations
- Family Photos
- Photo colour correction, editing
- Photoshopping, e.g. greeting cards, calendars, funny stuff
- Editing / Compiling old home movies
What equipment will The Studio have?
- Black Magic HD video camera
- DSLR still camera
- LCD lighting
- Ableton Push drum sequencer
- Arturia MIDI keyboard
- Rode condenser microphone
- Yamaha studio monitors
- Zoom Portable Audio Recorder
- Scarlett Audio I/O
- 2 mic/line ins (for connecting microphones, guitars, etc)
Software: We are excited to offer industry-standard software platforms for customers to learn on!
- Abelton Live
- Cuckos Reaper
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- The Entire Adobe CC Suite!
When will customers be able to book Studio time?
Once you have completed our 90-minute certification session, library cardholders who are above the age of 18 will be able to book The Studio for blocks of 2 hours at a time.